HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Writing Folders Part 2

You all humble me. I can't believe that so many of you commented on yesterdays post about Writing Folders. I have to stop here and say that it was not my original idea. Several teachers in my district do this, I just borrowed and shared. I am glad that many of you found it helpful.

I got lots of ideas from you all. I am thinking of making homework folders or other subject folders out of them too. Who knew all the possibilities.

Also Liam thanks a bunch for the labeling idea. I was pretty upset, when I lost the binders, that I wouldn't be able to see at a glance who the folder belonged to.

Many of you mentioned laminating them and I think that is a fantastic idea. I just don't have the energy for them. I have done it in the past and in a few months the lamination starts to come off from the crease in the center. So now I just teach my students they only get ONE and they have to take care of their materials. When all else fails tape helps. :) However, I think if you want to try it and it works for you, go for it. I love laminated stuff. As a matter a fact I am on a brief break from the pile of laminated materials now. :) Remember these?
I think I am almost done.

Because there was such a wonderful response to the 4 pocket folders I am posting the 2nd part a little bit early. Yesterday, I briefly mentioned what each pocket would be for. The first pocket would be for tools, such as am alphabet chart, ideas, extra paper, etc. The second pocket is for stories that are a work in progress, or not completed. The third pocket is for stories that are complete but have not been fancied. That means that the actual story is complete but the student has yet to color in their illustrations. (My students are only allowed to color during Writing on Fancy Fridays. This helps to keep them concentrated on their writing and not just the illustration.) The final pocket is for work that is complete and is ready to share.

I was going to make a folder and take pictures to show you, but I realized that my copies are in my classroom and I won't be back in until later this week. So I am sharing my goodies with you a bit early. I will just take pictures later.

I plan on just cutting these out and just taping them down to the pocket of the folder with packing tape. Yes laminating them would be best, but as I previously explained, I don't like it for folders.

Enjoy!
Pocket Covers2

8 comments:

  1. Such an awesome idea and the labels are super cute as well! Thanks for sharing:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. Instead of gluing these labels down. You can buy label paper. It is whole sheets. If you make your labels a little smaller you could get more on a page. I use this paper for all my labels because I never seem to get things to line up or print correctly & words/pics get cut off (not too tech savy). Thanks again for sharing all of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I expected you might feel that way about the labelling! Glad I could help. Nice job on this project.
    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I already went out and bought the folders and binding rings! Thanks for sharing the labels as well. I can't wait to use these this year!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the freebie labels. I loved the idea about making the folders. Have mine ready to take to school to make. The labels will look great. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    The Wonderful World of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. Last night I went and found 2 old folders to practice on. My binding machine only has one setting so, I had to cut the outside folder down the seam. It turned out just fine. I can't wait to use these this year. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ♥ the folder idea! We are going to use it for 3rd grade data folders that will be sent home every three weeks with progress reports/report cards. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your labels! I'm excited to make my folders! :o)

    Mrs. Lopac Teaches...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.