HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Classroom Part 1

I went to my "home school" classroom on Thursday. I say that because next year I will work out of 2 different schools. As I previously mentioned because my school is undergoing extensive renovations we are at an alternate location this coming year. My room was completely packed up am moved to what I am calling a "warehouse school". I went in to pick up my key and take a look at my room. While I was there I had an epiphany and took pictures for you all to see.
Sorry about the poor quality, I took the pictures from my iPhone.




Can you see I don't have full walls. That will be fun, but it is not a big deal I have worked in open spaces before. At least I have some kind of walls. I did not do work in my room, I will save that for this coming week. As you can see I have a lot of work ahead of me.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, you do! But at least you have a blank slate to work with. When I first moved into my portable 2 years ago, I had to move out boxes and stashes of schools stuff from the 1970's!!! No joke!! Good luck with your room - can't wait to see "after" pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love before and after...maybe you should have an extreme makeover linky party :)

    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what pictures you have to share in a couple of weeks. I bet it will look amazing.
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see everything you do with this space!!! It looks like a nice-sized room. It's funny about the walls like that, though I know what you mean, I've been in wall-less rooms before too :/

    You will do a fantastic job in it, actually both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a teacher in your district too! I was at the North site this past year. We don't get to move into our redone school until August 8th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your after pictures either! I agree with the other blogger-you should think about having an extreme makeover classroom linky party! :)

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I just might take you all up on that offer. Now to just think of the logistics? I think I will set it up when I have done some work in the room... probably when I finish it.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  8. please tell me that you were- or could be- able to put it together in just a couple of days... I am applying for a few teaching positions, and it's my first year. I am close to having the job.. but won't know until right before (if not right after) school starts! There is some question in the grade level as well so I can't do much to prep! Please tell me this is possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it is possible, but you'd be cutting it close. You might end up staying late some afternoons and I've known many a teacher that has come in on the weekend to finish up.

    The good part is that if your a first year teacher you have ot amounted a ton of stuff. That can come in handy in a pinch. My first year teaching I had 2 days notice before school started. I got it done. You can also ask some friends to come in and help you.

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.