HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Read Alouds

Mrs. Parker is having a Back to School Read Aloud Linky Party. You know how much I love picture books. I couldn't help but share. :)

Here is what I am planning on reading...
I am planning a visit to my local B&N for this new baby.
 I love all the Splat books, and read them through out the year. This is a perfect way to introduce Spalt in August.

 I like Chrysanthemum because it helps me to teach the students about being kind to one another.

I don't know if I will read this one in August, but it is so much fun I just couldn't help but share it.

I am bit ashamed to say that I've never started out the year with this book. :/ However, I am contemplating having a surfing theme in one of my classrooms this year and I think it will fit in nicely. :)
However, No David is almost always the FIRST book I read to my students. They love it and it is a great way to break the ice on the first day.

I also love David Goes to School.

Chester and Scaredy Squirrel help me during my Writing mini lessons.
I'll stop here because I can go on forever. I am sure there are tons of picture books I am forgetting. Can you tell I love picture books?

So if you have some picture books in mind for Fall feel free to share. I always love to find some more. Don't forget to hop on over the Mrs. Parker's blog, by clicking on the button below, to see what everyone else is gonna be reading.

5 comments:

  1. I keep an updated Books That Teach list for illustrated picture books on my school website to share our favorites - check it out here:

    http://www.fisdk12.net/wb/character/books_teach.html

    Barbara
    corneroncharacter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE I need my Monster! I had our principle read this book to my class last year during October and they fell in love with it! Thanks for sharing!

    Danielle
    learningandlaughing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally ordering I need my Monster. The font alone in the title is enough:) I am a new follower and I just posted your blog button on mine. I would totally love it if you would do the same for me:)
    ☮Monica
    The Schroeder Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..Three books I've never heard of! Thanks for sharing...I have to go check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read the Chester books. I start kinder with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and do a many activities. I have the CD version so we actually sing to it. It is one of our first songs in K.

    Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.