HomeAboutFreebies

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surf Theme & Target

I have never done a full blown theme in my class for a full year. I love themes and switch them all year long. However, I usually start with an Ocean theme and end with a Pirate theme. This coming year my school will be at an alternate location because of renovation and decided to have a school wide them to give us a sense of community, even though we wont be in our local community. Our theme will be anything "Wild". Not one of my favorite themes, but hey I can do a lot with it. It gave me an opportunity to think of other themes. I have always loved one of the famous Deanna Jump's wonderful bulletin boards.


Obviously this has nothing to do with wild, unless you are looking at wild letters. Another thing you may not know is that next year I will also have the opportunity of having a second classroom in another school, it will be a year of new experiences for me. I thought it would be a fun time to try out another theme. So I will be working on a "Surfing" theme.

On another, but related note, I went to Target today. I went on a hunt for those wonderful alphabet stamps, pocket charts, and pirate items you all are blogging about. However, I was very disappointed, because my Target doesn't have them yet. :( We did have the bins, but they weren't in my color scheme and I am done with a million colors in my class. I digress, what I did find was some surfing items. See pictures below.
A surfboard rug, & cork board, 6 bins and several bowls in my new color scheme. As well as some wonderful animal cards with sounds. I think these will be perfect for teaching sounds and using voice in Writing.
I am not sure how I will pull it all off but I am looking forward to it.

I also went by my local Barnes & Nobel to pick up a Splat book. I was disappointed yet again when they didn't have it. No worries though I picked up another book I've been raving about...

I Need My Monster.
So while I didn't get what I wanted, I still got plenty. :)

7 comments:

  1. I did the wild thing for a couple of years when I moved up to fourth grade. I found great fabric for my bulletin board at Joann's Fabric that gave the illusion of black fur and then I did a tiger border- the one that also looks like tiger fur. It looked so amazing!

    And a second classroom at a different school? How neat! You'll have to tell us more!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for Splat at the end of the month. I just got 2 boxes from Amazon today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a cute shark pop up hamper at Target too. I haven't seen pocket charts at my Target either. I check like 3 times a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great ideas. I am new to professional blogging and I am completely addicted because of blogs like yours:)

    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Hawaii and I love these ideas. Thank you for sharing!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Hawaii and I love these ideas. Thank you for sharing!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.