HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Gingerbread kind of week.

I am getting ready for a crazy week. We will be reading tons of Gingerbread books and working a million GB activities I have found online. Then ending our week with a GB man hunt.

Here are the books we will be reading, in this order.
Obviously, I will read more than one a day. I think I will read 2 a day and have them compare & contract them daily. I am saving the GB Pirates for last because it includes "Christmas" and it will lead into next weeks Holiday lessons.

Here are some of the activities we are completing.
I got Hadar's Gingerbread Family activities and we will label our GB man,
Making our GB family,
& use this sheet to compare and contrast ourselves with a GB boy or girl with this handy sheet.
My Kinder kids will read Deanna Jump's "The Little Cookie" emergent reader.
My First graders will read Shannon's, from Kindergarten Hoppeinings "Where is the GB Girl?" positional words emergent reader.

Go stop by her blog because I found tons of GB freebies on her site.
Like these...
Color by Sight word
 Counting by 10's,
and finishing the pattern worksheets.

We will finish off the week by going on a GB man hunt. Well, I am going to attempt it. I have never done it before. I have to craft the nifty rhymes clues and work out the logistics. If you have ever done a GB man hunt, I would appreciate all the help I can get.

I got these cookies from Sugar Rush Cookies. They are the perfect tiny size for my students little hands.

 Looks like my week will be a crazy one. I hope yours is much calmer than mine.

8 comments:

  1. What cute ideas! That's the good kind of crazy... calm is overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like a sweet week ;) I love all your great ideas. Thanks.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of a few of these books. Thanks for sharing!
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a FANTASTIC week! Cant wait to hear how it goes!! I wish I could do all those fun fun things!! Our district is not quite that flexible...but I can squish some of the fun stuff in....and I will be snagging a few of these ideas too!! Thanks for sharing!! Have fun!!

    Sarah
    shetrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... I wish I was in your class! Tee-Hee Really incredible work...
    Thank you,
    Lorna
    @ lateach31@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie Mense has the clues as a freebie called Gingerbread Man Hunt on TPT. That's what I am going to use for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here'a another one with the clues and lesson plans, etc. that I juat came across online- http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/general_content/free_resources/teachers_corner/lessonplan.jsp?lessonplan=gingerbreadGraphing&findingmethod=sitechampion&af=pagetype%3alessonplans

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.