Friday, August 26, 2011

4 Pocket Folders Revisited

I got so many wonderful comments on my previous post about 4 pocket folders. Thank you all so much. A couple of you commented & contacted me about another way to make this folder. It is even easier than mine. So of course I thought I would make some and share it with you all too.

Start out with a 2 pocket folder with brads.

 You will also want a 2 pocket folder with out brads. Fold that one inside out and punch 3 holes on the open edge of the folder, like shown below.

Last, just place the folder in the brads of the first folder and fasten!
 Wasn't that much faster and easier! I think I will use these for reading folders for my 2nd graders.
Thank you to the ladies who put me on to this way of making the folder.

FYI: I call them Writing folders because I use them for Writing, but they can be used for ANYTHING. As you see above, I will use these for Reading.

I know you haven't heard much from me this past week, but I think life might be getting back to normal. Or at least something that resembles normal. So you should be hearing more from me... I hope. :p

17 comments:

  1. I just finished making mine today (the way you made the other ones). Well, I say I made them, but I put the finishing touches on them after my intern made them. I'm really excited to use them!

    Amy @ First Things First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too clever! It's a shame that the Labelability drops a tad but it looks like WAY less work! (Yes, this is going into my notebook...)
    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I also loved your step-by-step with the photos--such an ELL thing ;)

    Talk to you soon!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I think I'll give these a try this year. AND what is normal once we're back teaching?

    Have a great weekend.
    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the first post. Like this one, too! Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome idea. I can't believe I never thought of this. Visit my blog if you get a chance. ♥ Jamie at Mrs. Moore’s Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this idea! it is one that we all should have thought of....but....luckily we have a place (ed blogging) to share our thoughts/strategies/ideas/crafty things together! I just love blogging! Please visit me at 5thgradetomfoolery.blogspot.com! I would love your feedback :) Teri

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is FABULOUS!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! I am DEFINITELY doing this!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :)
    Patty
    Teacherking55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I teach sixth grade but I LOVE this idea!! It is so great!

    Emily
    Teaching With Powers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great idea that makes creating writer's portfolios affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! I love this idea. Now there's no need to get ALL of those folders with tabs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is each pocket for a different step in the writing process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually considered that but no, well kind of but not really. There is a pocket for tools, like transition words charts. Another pocket is for drafts. The third pocket is for completed drafts, and the last is for published work.
      Mels

      Delete
  14. I used mine for the subjects. One pocket for reading, one for math, one for writing and the other for SS/Sci. I also taped the bottom of the middle folder so students could store flashcards in the top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do any of you have trouble getting your papers in the pockets? What do I need to do to make the paper fit easier? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ms.M - you've been picked up here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/clever-classroom-tips-for-elementary-school-teachers {say what?!} Congratulations. So cool to see your idea get shared on such a big scale!
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.