HomeAboutFreebies

Friday, July 22, 2011

My Classroom: Part 4

I went in to my room again yesterday. Out of everything I did yesterday 3 areas are starting to take shape...
My teacher desk/ storage.
As you can see I have managed to already clutter it up.
 My Teacher shelf.
I am very proud of this because it has been a mess for 2 years now.

My easel/ whole group area.
It is not completely done but it is starting to look like it used to. I am keeping in mind the window and might keep the shade closed when kids are in the room or I might end up turning the easel. I am still thinking about it.


On a side note. I've been forgetting to post about my fancy new teacher portfolio from Doodle Bugs Paper. It reminds me of lady bugs. :)
 If you are interested in winning one of these cuties hop on over to her teacher blog, Doodle Bugs Teacher and enter. Hurry it ends today!

9 comments:

  1. I want one of those portfolios SOOOOOO bad! I hope I win....Your room looks awesome so far!! I can't start until next week...they are shampooing carpets:( It's making me crazy to see all the posts with pics of rooms done or close to it:) Oh well, my time will come:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) thank you!! Looks like you are getting around to having your room set up and looking nice!! I am still working on mine...

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you are a fast worker. I REALLY love your white desk! It doesn't look cluttered at all. Your shelves are totally enviable, so neat! I hope I will be able to keep mine neater this year :/ I love that blue wall, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, they are very cute.

    Kacey, thank! :)

    Kristen,
    Thank you for your sweet comments. The good thing about moving is that you get to start with a blank slate. However, I don't have a blue wall. I would love one though. I think your talking about the picture with the easel. I think it is the light coming in.

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is looking good! I am planning a slight remodel of my own room before school starts up again in a week. I'm simply not happy with the use of space.

    In thinking about your whole group area, I might consider spinning it about a quarter turn counter clockwise so the little ones have their back to the window. Its still easy to look out if you want them to observe the weather but it minimizes distractions like squirrels, birds, etc when you want their attention. As Mrs Wheatley mentioned, some kids lipread to support their listening so having yourself face the window will turn that backlighting problem into natural sunlight.

    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm uber jealous! Still can't be in for over a week...maybe 2 weeks! It's starting to look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is looking great! I've been stalking your blog, getting more envious by the day---I'm itching to get into my new room, but can't....not for another two weeks!

    And I chuckled about your portfolio from Doodle Bugs---I got mine 2 months ago, but I'm saving it for the new school year! I LOVE it! :)

    Liesl
    http://wildworldofkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow all 12 Blogs! I love the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your classroom looks great! Mine is still a work in progress! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.