HomeAboutFreebies

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

About

I knew I wanted to be a teacher since I was in the 3rd grade. I don't know why or how I came to that conclusion, I just knew that it was something I enjoyed.

While in college I though I would become an interior designer. A very few people know that the only job I considered other than teaching, EVER, was interior design. No not an interior decorator, although that was a passing thought. You read it right the first time, an interior designer. What is the difference? An interior decorator, decorates the space while an interior designer plans how that space is laid out. At least that is how my brain processed it.

It did not work out for me, teaching was always what I wanted to do. However, I still love thinking about spaces and how to arrange those spaces, especially my classroom. What a great compromise I get to design my space every year! I think almost every teacher has some of this because we obsess about our classrooms or "space". Where will our teacher desk go, what is the best place for our large group time, what will my centers/ work stations look like?

When I first started teaching, in South Florida, I taught 1st grade for 3 years. I loved my students and my job, but I knew I wanted a location change. So I did something that many people think is weird. I moved to the Mid-West.

I am now a Kinder and 1st grade ELL teacher or for students of other languages. I work with a great students and a fabulous team. I enjoy every day with them even when I am ready to say "STOP, NO more, I am ready to quit!" I always get sucked back in.

I think what I love the most is the creativity of it all. That is what lead me here, to this blog, a place to share.

Hope you enjoy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. M.,
    I'm so glad you hosted that anchor chart linky party because now I have another teacher to follow who works with ELLs. Next year I'll be a 1/2 split so it's good to find a blog that works with the younger ones as well. I'm a Midwest teacher too! Illinois. If you moved to Illinois, I'm kind of sorry for you... the roads are always under construction.
    Cheers,
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, your practically a neighbor. :) There is always construction here too. I think the Midwestern cites are all under renovation. I guess it is about time.

      Ms. M

      Delete
  2. Nice Blog lay out, from a children author in Concord, Ca. Found by search top 10 blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I helped with the design, but the brilliant creator is Kristen from Bitten by the Blog Bug Designs
      Bitten by the Blog Bug Designs. You should check her out she is fabulous.

      Ms. M

      Delete
  3. Hi Mrs. M,

    I was wondering if you ever hold giveaways for teacher products for your readers? If so, please contact me as I'd like to contribute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    please contact me at Patrick@oc.edu.au :) I can't find your email.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I found you via Farley's currently link up for december! Your blog caught my eye because I am also in Nebraska! I'm your newest follower, and excited to get to know you!

    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.