I have to tell 3 things... the Good, the Bad, & the UGLY about your nest, aka my teacher desk.
Here I go.
- I love how petite it is. When I moved into my room I had a difficult time because it is so small. I d because my room is so small. I went to Walmart & got myself this little thing. I put it together myself & is the perfect size for my room. It has 1 drawer & 2 cubbie holes for storage.
- I love my green 3 drawer rolling cart where I store all my other desk items that don't fit in my desk. The drawers are deep but transparent. I adore the color too, I think that is my favorite part.
- I love the storage unit behind my desk too. I wish it were a bit bigger bt it works. It is the only storage that was in my room when I moved in. I keep all my (unorganized picture books) in the two closed shelves on top & all my teachers manuals & professional books below.
- I love that I was able to use the bulletin board by my desk for my important papers & teacher calendar/planner.
- Because my room is so small & I have very little storage, I stuff everything behind my desk to hide it. It get's cluttered very fast.
- I love that my desk is small, but at the same time it is also a problem because things often fall or are knocked off of my desk.
- If you look to the right of the picture below you will see a big monster of an air conditioning/ heating unit. It is a monster & takes up quite a bit of my space. I would have more storage were it not for this thing. I can't even put a lot on top because that is where the vents are
- The clutter. I don't know what is going on with me this year. I normally don't have clutter on my desk. I at least hide it, but this year papers & just random things have been piling up on me. It is driving me nuts to have mountains of papers around me.
- I don't like the unfinished part of my desk that faces out towards the students. Last year I had it covered by a dry erase board that the students used as a work station. However, that didn't work out & I had to move it to another location. I will have to work on making that look nicer.
- Again I think that big air conditioning/ heating unit is kind of ugly.
That's my nest. NOW... I want to see your nest too. Head on over to Show Me Your Nest Linky Party & Give Away and link up.