HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, March 21, 2011

Target Spoils

I went to the beloved Target on Friday & picked up a few things. What I am most proud of is that I was under my spending limit! I usually give myself an amount I can spend at Target for school, most of the time it's $20.00. This week it was $15.00 and I only spent $13.00. Of course I actually spent WAY more because I bought tons of other household goods. However, those are "necessities", at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Here is what I got:

Spring pencils & erasers for my students.

The pencils were a $1.00 a pack. I love to give my students theme pencils but I don't allow them to use them in my class. I know I am a mean teacher, but I kind of like it that way. They get to take them home and use them at home. Then they can never complain they don't have a pencil at home. :) The erasers were $2.00 but they were too darling to pass up.

5 buckets, because I could not justify more, and these plastic eggs.
I fell in love with the felt baskets. I don't know what I will put in the tin buckets, but I am sure I will find something. The bunny basket will sit on my desk & may or may not hold treats. The Bees, although it will be hard for me to let the kids use it, will hold these darling eggs that will be turned in to "Compound Eggs". An idea that I got from Mrs. Wheeler over at Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade Tidbits.

My question for you is, what do you think I should put in the metal tin buckets?

Ms. M





12 comments:

  1. I got the felt bee bucket when I was at Target on Friday also - it was just way too cute to pass up, although I am not sure yet what I am going to do with mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do all three have chicks on them? If not (bunny or egg is on one) then you could use them for a vowel sort.

    You could divide your class into 3 teams and use them for a "fill your bucket" behavior incentive.

    Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

    Tammi
    http://havingfunk-1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very cute! Something very tiny will need to go in them! Maybe candy and then have a drawing at the end of the day( when your class is crazy and you need an incentive!) Anyone who stayed on green (or whatever your behavior plan is) gets an entry for a little bucket.

    Megan
    http://mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com/

    PS-Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun!! i have to stay away from target!! my husband doesn't understand why i need to buy so much for my class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should check out this amazing egg idea on Teacherista's Blog L.O.V.E it!! http://teacheristatales.blogspot.com/2011/03/welcome-spring.html



    www.msdurning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am headed to Target tomorrow to pick up that bee bucket. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've inspired me to go to target tomorrow after school! It is a dangerous place but I love it just the same! The Blog Outfitted and Inspired has a cute idea afor the bucket and eggs! Thanks for sharing! http://outfittedandinspired.blogspot.com/2011/03/word-familiesspring-style.html
    -Lindsey
    http://www.whytewater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use a small bucket to hold popsicle sticks that I have written characters/settings on for kids who need ideas for my Work on Writing center. You could do characters, settings, and a certain word they must use in their writing and they would draw 1, 2, or 3 popsicle sticks.

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what great ideas. I think I might have to go buy more of the little tin buckets. :)

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Target is addicting! I know you already have a use for the bee basket, but I use a "bee neat" box to award the neatest desk each day and this little basket would be perfect. Maybe I'll get one just to have as a back-up (who can ever have too many containers?).
    F is For First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually, I really am having a hard time letting the kids handle the bee basket. I think I am going to give them the tin buckets & keep the bee basket for me. I like your idea Melissa. I actually considered going back to get a second because I would just hate to see it dirty or ripped.

    I like some of the sorting activities everyone posted up above. I will be trying some of those.

    For those of you that posted about not being able to go to Target & that it is dangerous. I completely understand. I am only allowed to go when I need other household supplies & then I have a school supply spending limit. So I feel your pain.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.