HomeAboutFreebies

Friday, March 11, 2011

A Kindergarten Farm...

The past 2 weeks my Kinder Kids have been working real hard learning about Farms. We aren't done yet but I did want to share what we did today.

We started by gluing a 1/2 sheet of blue, 1/4 sheet of green & a 1/4 sheet of manila construction paper to a plain sheet of white paper.
It looks like this. Blue for the sky, green for the grass, & manila for soil/ ground/ dirt. (Can you tell I don't like to be in pictures?)
We then wrote our names & the word "Farm" after it. For example: Ms. M's Farm.

We then took out our Farm clipart (for lack of a better word) & colored, cut & glued it to our paper in the correct areas.

During Writing we have been working on adding details to our sentences, so we them wrote a sentence of what we see in a farm. I should have made a cut apart sentences but I didn't. Anyway the sentence goes like this, "I see a ________, _______ at the farm."

Here is how they turned out. A bit wonky but they loved it. They were also super excited because I let them take them home. I told them their homework was to tell their family what they learned about a farm.

We will continue to learn about Farms next week. I downloaded a wonderful Farm Unit from Musings of me. If you haven't yet visited her blog you should.

Ms. M

10 comments:

  1. what a fun activity for them:)

    -lindsey
    www.theteacherwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the activity. I will have to send you a picture of the CUTE bulletin board of the PreK class that I share an office with. They too are working on farms and their animals.

    I like the button spot at the bottom of your page. Very smart.

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to my button spot and see if you like the button as a gift to you! I will have to email you the code so you can put it on your blog. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all if you don't wish to have the button. I just want to 'pay it forward' to someone.

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,

    Thank you so VERY much. I do like it & appreciate it. You are so kind. I can't begin to express how grateful I am. You have to tell me how I add it with the link below so others can grab the button too.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Email me. saoudc@duvalschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to leave you a comment with the code but it wont allow me. I don't know how to email you the code.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I forgot to add my email to my comment earlier. I will email you right away.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you teaching kindergarten 1 or 2? Mine is more on letters for nursery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was teaching K & 1. This year we are spread thin and I am teaching K, 1, 2 & 3. Ouch.

      M

      Delete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.