HomeAboutFreebies

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Organization Week Day 4: Home Communication

I am linking up with Mrs. Patton's Patch again today. 
My home communication is pretty simple. 
 I have all my students keep their daily work in these "Student work organizers."
I have had a set of Lakeshore School-To-Home Organizer for some time now, I just never used them. 
This year I decided that I would give it a go as a take home folder. I was afraid they would not hold up to the beating my students give their folders but they are still in very good shape. It has two pockets, & I labeled them just like the picture above. It really helps my students organize their papers. I also like that they are transparent.

My students only bring their folders one day a week, Fridays. On Fridays I collect their previous weeks home work & give them a new packet. At this time they also empty their work organizers & put theri work in the keep at home section of their folder. Their new HW goes into the return to school section.

 My packet includes a daily reading log, a longer reading log for the weekend, a sheet where students write their words 3 times each & a sheet where students write their words in ABC order. I hope to post a freebie generic version on A Teacher's Plan soon. Here are a few screen shots.




That is pretty much it. I like to keep it as simple as possible.

Ms. M

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing packet! I wish my kids' teachers would be as passionate as you are. :-)
    I created a reading log website, where kids log their reading entries online. Teachers have access to see what and how much the kids are reading. I'm in the process of working on some printables, and am getting lots of inpiration, here! Thanks for sharing. You might want to consider visiting www.reading-rewards.com and set up a group for your class! It's a completely free and safe online site for teachers and young students.
    Happy Reading!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that sounds like a wonderful resource. I will check it out, but unfortunately most of my students don't have internet access. :( Bummer. I will pass the information on to some teachers I know that would love it. Thanks for sharing & the compliment.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your little newsletter! Are you able to share the format?!!! It is so cute! =) Thanks for sharing your ideas! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,

    I do plan on sharing, I just need some time. I have to make a generic one that anyone can download. I will do it soon.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do the clear folders come from? Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Lakeshore Learning and are called "School-to-Home organizers.

      Ms. M

      Delete
  6. Great to heard that you are so passionate for your students. Can all the teachers become so passionate like you? I know it sounds stupid, but every parents like to have a teacher like you, for their children. Being a student of research and doing proofreading service review from few years back, I suggest that if students schooling is strong than they face less problems in higher studies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.