HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Good Reads


I've have been trying to post about Valentines day for over a week now. I have been so busy with meetings, parent conferences & catching up with the curriculum that I didn't even get my planning done for next week. *Sigh* The good news is that I got my planning done today. The bad news I that I've found SO many wonderful ideas for Valentines day online that I am overwhelmed and confused as to what I will actually do with my students. I did start some projects on Friday but didn't take pictures so I will have to post those on Monday.

I also made some writing activities but they are trapped on my Mac Book & my internet is down. I am now posting from my iPhone. Not great but it works. So expect some late freebies from me this week. I suppose you can make it a week of V-day activities, I might.

What I do want to post is what I will be reading with my "Tator Tots". I can't remember which one of you said that on your blog but I fell in love with that & am useing it from now on.

My FAVORITE V-day read is Love Splat by Rob Scotton.

If you've never read Live Splat, it is about a little cat named Splat who like another cat named Kitten. He always gets nervous around her & it doesn't help that she acts weird around him. He gets the courage to give her a Valentines day note but then he gets to school a bigger cat named Spike proceeds to make Splat feel inferior. Splat feels defeted & throws away the Valentine. Spike gives Kitten his Valentine but well let just say it's not very nice. Kitten ends up with Splats Valentine & also has one for Splat too. I adore this book because I get to talk about so many things. Being scared, having courage, bullies, & Valentines day.The illustrations are wonderful too.

I also like:
Fancy Nancy's Heart to Heart
Today Is Valentines Day by P. K. Hallinan
The Night Before Valentines Day
The Best Thing About Valentines Day

I hope you have a great V-day tomorrow. I will try to post some V-day activities soon.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.