HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Poet- Tree

For the past 3 or 4 weeks my 1st grade Tatter Tots have been in Poetry mode. They have been loving it too. So we put on our Poet Hats and created our Poet-Tree.

This is not one of my original ideas. I must give credit to the originial sorce Fancy Nancy!
I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before but I adore the bella petite Fancy Nancy. So when my students began their poetry unit I just had to bring in my copy of Poet Extraordinaire & read it to them. Inside Ms. Glass, Nancy & her class make a "Poet-Tree". So I got together with another First grade teacher here & we created our own Poet-Tree. I love it.


We had the students write a poem on a leaf that was printed offline and Voila!
 Ms. H's joke.
 A close up shot of a leaf poem.

I didn't include a download of the leaf because (1) I don't have it. :( & (2) You could probably find one just by Googleing leaf printout.

Ms. M


7 comments:

  1. Adorable! p.s. your comment on my blog literally made me laugh out loud! :D and you have 100 followers! go Ms. M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hadar. Glad I made you laugh. :)

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I am stealing it! :) What kind of poems did you have the kiddos write? Did you give them a template for the poem type? Will you email more?

    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcomed to steal it Rachelle. We had actually been studying poetry for some time when we made the Poet-Tree so what we did was just let the kids pick their favorite poem they had already written & rewrite it OR they could write a new poem in the style they liked the best. Some of the kinds of poems we studied were pattern poems, talking to objects, objects talking to us, writing strong feeling poems & looking at ordinary objects in new & different ways. I'm sure there were more but I can't think of them right now.

    If by template you mean the shape of a leaf & have them cut it out, yes that is exactly what I did. I will gladly email what you would like but I am not sure what you want me to email. Let me know & I'll send it your way.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with this and will be copying!!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing & for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your poet tree! I also love Fancy Nancy! Thanks for sharing your ideas and hard work.

    Kimberly
    funkyfirstgradefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful.
    https://sites.google.com , frivallgames.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.