HomeAboutFreebies

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Check out what I did...

One of the MANY blogs I follow is eighting25. These ladies have some GREAT ideas, printables, & decor. If you have not checked them out, you should take a minute to do so.

My favorite item of theirs is their holiday Subway art.


I like using these both at home & at work. For their Christmas Subway art, I just printed it up and posted it outside my door. It felt like it was missing something. However, I did not dare put it in a frame because I was afraid that it would fall, the glass & frame would shatter and some student would get hurt.

So for my Valentines subway art I framed it with some CTP bulletin-board boarder. While I LOVE this boarder, I was wondering if I over did it, or if it looks a bit cheesy?
Photobucket

Please tell me what you think. Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve it? How would you do it differently?

Ms. M

8 comments:

  1. It is a little cheesy but Valentine's is that kind of day! I think it is really cute and perfect! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute!!!! I love the way you adapted the V Day Subway art for your classroom! I think I might have to copy you... :)

    Alexandra
    http://thefirstgradesweetlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your inspirational post. I have been snowed in for four days and managed to make it to a store yesterday and was able to make one of the crafts on eighing 25. I printed the page to do the subway art and hopefully things will clear up tomorrow so I can get more supplies.

    http://guntorius.blogspot.com/2011/02/snow-day-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great & what a fun teacher you are to get things all decorated up for Valentine's Day...your students are lucky to have you!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Jodie. I love decorating my class, it gets the students in such a festive happy learning mood.


    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm coming from the Eighteen25 linky party! Your subway art looks great in that frame IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you ladies. I will have to post my decorations more often. Right now it looks as if Valentines have exploded all over my little room. It is a bit much for me but the kids are in love. They don't stop commenting how beautiful it all is. So I leave it up for them.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.