HomeAboutFreebies

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick, creative and very affordable gift.

Alright so I have been trolling the Internet looking for a cute,  creative, affordable gift for some of my fellow teachers. Now there are LOTS of great gifts, I found tons on sistersstuff and eighteen25. However, none of them fit what I wanted to create. My criteria was cute, affordable, can be made in less than 15 minutes, and could be done with materials I already have handy. I came up with this...

Photobucket Photobucket

First thing I did was cut some cardboard that I had lying around. I cut it so that there was about 1/4'' inch on either side of a standard size post it note pad and long enough for two post it pads.

Photobucket
Next, I picked a sheet of scrapbook/ decorative paper, and cut it so that I had about 1/2'' inch extra on all 4 sides. This way I could wrap it around the back. Then I wrapped the cardboard. Don't worry if it doesn't cover the whole back. I cut another piece of the same paper. Make sure it is the size of the cardboard.  This piece will be glued to the back to give it a clean look.

Photobucket

This next part is the decorative part. I cut a piece of different paper for a header, and glued it to the top. Sorry I don't have measurements. I just kind of eyeballed it. After I got all the paper glued down, I laid out the ribbon, decorative and post it notes to measure where I wanted everything to be. I played around with the layout until I was satisfied, then glued everything down. About half way down, I glued some Dots on Chocolate mini designer cut outs, I got from Creative Teaching press. I wrapped the ribbon around and I glued them down with some Glue Dots, I LOVE them. Here is what it looks like.

Photobucket
Next I printed the recipients name and printed on plane white paper cut it out to size and attached it with a paper clip. Then I slipped the last sheet of the note pad through the ribbon and I was done! See the final product below.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I will have to make some of these for my team. (Over break though lol)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha. Yes, I liked them so much I want to make myself one now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and creative! Great job!

    Hadar

    http://outfittedandinspired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.