HomeAboutFreebies

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Resolutions.


One of the things I want to teach my ELL students this year is about new years resolution. The concept of a new year is difficult for my students, who are just learning about the months of the year, to grasp. So every year I have set aside some time to connect some ideas and explain to my students that they HAVE already learned what happens after December, that we go back to January and start again, with a new year. It's not that difficult but it take a minute or two.

So this year I tought I would talk about resolutions. I saw a cute idea, on several blogs, about having the students draw their faces with a party hat on and write a resolution in a speech bubble. I thought his was adorable and plan to do It with my 1st graders. (My kinder students will be learning what to wear in the snow. I will post about it later this week.)

I want to go out on the 2nd of the year and buy the 2011 party stuff on sale and celebrate the new year with my studets in Monday. I mean party hats, noise makers, streemers, anythig I can get on sale.

I have The Night Before New Years, and I'll read that to my student. We will talk about what they did to get ready for the new year & what they did the first day of the new year.

I was wondering what other activities are out there. What do you do with your class to celebrate the new year?

3 comments:

  1. Well...this year we are making ourselves (our faces) out of paper, with a party hat and a noise maker and it has a speech bubble attached to it that says "my new years resolution is".... I got the idea from a blog (I can't remember which one, but I am finding out right now so I can give her credit).
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Wonderful idea and I can't remember which blog I read it on. I'm afraid my student won't the "resolution" idea. Well see how it goes.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. طرق طرد الوزغ من المنزل قشر البيض يخاف الوزع من البيض بسبب اعتقاده أنّه بيض ثعبان، ويتم استخدامه عن طريق نثر قشور البيض في أماكن عديدة ومتفرقة، حتى يرى القشور ويغادر من المنزل. بخاخ النشا يتم استخدامه عن طريق رش بخاخ النشا على الوزغ حتى تثقل حركته، مما يسهل عملية الإمساك به والتخلص منه.

    شركة رش مبيدات بحائل
    شركة رش مبيدات بالاحساء
    شركة رش مبيدات ببريدة
    شركة رش مبيدات بابها

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.