HomeAboutFreebies

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Classroom Update # 7

I went in to work today, but only for about 2 hours. I've gotten a bit of a cold and was worn out before I even got there.

I started out by unpacking tons of boxes. I had order several items (I will post more about them at a later date) and had the task of opening them all up. When I walked in one of the custodians said to me "You got lots of packages this week." :) This is not a bad thing, I love opening boxes and getting goodies. I wish I had taken a picture of it.

I was so down that at one point I fell. I still don't know what I tripped over, but I busted my behind. I can be clumsy at times but I usually catch myself before I take a bad fall. However, my cold had my brain so slow that all I could think of as I going down was "I'm going to stop falling now" and "I hope no one heard me." Before I even reached the floor I had already thought of an excuse for all the noise I made going down... I dropped some boxes. Lame I know.

Anyway, I wanted to do something that I would get finished. I thought that would make me feel better, and it did. Here is what I put up.

I also worked on my students work board. As previously mentioned my home school is doing a school wide "Wild" theme so I put up this bulletin board.

 Each student get's their own spot. That is what the black and gray papers are for. In the middle will be a little safari hat with the students name on it.
 Here is a shot of the whole board from the right.
 Also one from the left.
I think I will make this for my Kindergartners and make a 2nd for my First graders.
My problem is that I want to name it, or put a header saying something about this is where we are displaying our hard work but I can't think of something cute or creative. :/

I don't know when I will be back in because I just got notice that I can officially go in to my second school. I might try to get in there and set somethings up as well. I will keep you all posted. BTW, if you have any ideas for the bulletin board let me know. :)

16 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon :) Don't wear yourself out before school even starts.

    Teachers Cannot Live By Apples Alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we're wild about learning"
    "Something to roar about"
    "Working hard in the jungle"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to post the same first two comments Dana just put!! We used those a few years ago when we piggy-backed on the Madagascar theme. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell! Be careful. I fell one time when I taught first grade. We have really really old a/c vents that are all along one wall from the floor up to about 3ft. I stand on them to open our really really old windows. I went to step down on to a chair and totally missed it! Fell on my behind and hit hard. Ouch! I think my pride was hurt more though.

    http://lessonplandiva.blogspot.com/2011/07/back-to-work-freebie.html?showComment=1312483500104#c2057091848529980383

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops!! I was supposed to paste in MY blog!!

    http://thoughtsofateacher-lvrana.blogspot.com/

    But check out what she had anyway! It's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your fall! I love your "what do you have to say" board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Hey! Hey! Board. I even pinned it! Question: Where are you going to get the safari hats for the names? Are you going to make them? I am going to have a strange explorer / forest / Pete the Cat theme and am thinking about having explorer hats. (Pete will lead us as we explore the forest is my premise.)
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work and hey, hey boards. Here's a suggestion for the work board:
    No "Lion" We Take Pride in our Work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen the speech bubbles at the dollar tree? I bought some but didn't know what to do with them. Now I do. Thanks. Take care of yourself!

    http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally doing a student work board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sarah, Sarah & Katie, I feel much better now.

    Dana, I love "Something to Roar about!"

    Ivrana, I know exactly what you mean about a wounded pride.

    Camille, the hats came as part of the Safari Bulletin Board decorative set from Carson Dellosa.

    Thanks Cheryl, I think I will use that for my 1st graders board.

    Kerri, I had not seen the speech bubbles from the $ tree. I got these a few years back from Creative Teaching Press.

    Go for it Amanda. Oh and share pictures if you can.

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!! Thanks for the kind words on my blog today! I would be more than happy to make an ocean themed ribbon for you. Keep and eye on my etsy shop and I will post one soon. Thanks again! Jaime
    http://whatsthebuzzinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jamie, your a doll. Thanks, I will keep my eyes open.

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ms. M! Love your blog. I have a Hey! Hey! board, too...but I call mine "Tell Me All About It" since I stole it from Megan Power of Scholastic. I have a picture of myself with my own speech bubble asking the question of the day ("What is your favorite word in Spanish? What does it mean?") and a picture of our class mascot (a stuffed animal chupacabra) with the sentence frame in his bubble ("My favorite word in Spanish is ____. It means ____.") It really cuts down on the mom love and works on answering questions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Leigh. Great idea.

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.