HomeAboutFreebies

Friday, March 11, 2011

Science Fair

It's that time again, what time??? Science fair time. I have mixed feeling about the science fair. I LOVE that the students get to experiment & then put what they learned into a presentation. However, I don't like to actually go through the process of putting it all together on a board with a whole class. It's a problem in my life and I am working on it.


This year I decided that I would do a project with both my 1st grade tatter tots & my Kinder Kids. Crazy, I know. However, I felt that my students don't often go through the whole Science Fair experience because they are afraid to try. They don't understand the language, scientific process & well I am sure some of them don't even know where to start. There is also the fact that most of their parents can't help them either.

The problem I have, I should say HAD, is what project to do with the students. So I was at the libray the other day picking up some farm books for my Kindergartners & found these lovely & perfect books.
The Everything Kids Magical Science Experiments Book


Guide to the Best Science Fair Projects




and my favorite,
HELP! My Science Fair project is due tomorrow!

I found several projects that I liked & picked 2 that we could do quickly because you know the Science Fair is next week. YIKES! I better get in gear. I will take lots of pictures & post next week... I hope.

How do you chose your experiments?

Ms. M

EDIT: P.S. Always First Grade is hosting a Linky Party. If you have not yet visited go take a look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.