HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, January 28, 2013

Map it out Monday: Jan 28, 2013

Hi everyone. Today is a quick one, just my plans for the week. Tomorrow morning I'll be presenting in front of all the ELL teachers in my district. Yikes! So I will be working all night! Not really, I have it all done. I'll just be fretting all night about what I will actually say. LOL Hope your Monday night is much calmer than mine. :)




Theme: Transportation
Phonemic Awareness skill: Onset and rime, syllables and blending phonemes
Phonics: Letter of the week: Qq (Alphafriend Queenie Queen)
Sight/ HFW word: for, look
Vocab: transportation, vehicle
 Comprehension skill: Main Idea/ Detail
BTW, I just love all the books I am reading for my transportation theme. I take 2 to 3 weeks to get them all read. If you have time check out the ones for this week they are fab.
Theme: Groundhogs Day; Poetry
Phonemic Awareness skill: Segment Phonemes
Phonics: Long o; Vowel patterns: oa (as in goat) and ow (as in snow)
Sight/ HFW word: again, both, gone, or, want
Word families: -ow
 Comprehension skill: Main Idea/ Details
2nd and 3rd grade Writing for week of 01/22/13
Topics covered: Nonfiction Research: Biographies and Countries
Off to go food shopping. Might take my mind off of tomorrow morning. :)

8 comments:

  1. Good luck! What is your presentation on? You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I rushed it all and my vids didn't play but everyone thought it was real helpful so it is kind of a success. :)
      Melissa

      Delete
  2. Your visual plans are inspiring me to, once again, revamp and tweek my own! Good Luck to you!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie thank you so very much. :) It means a lot to me.
      Melissa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Awww Jennifer that means a lot coming from you. Thanks.
      Melissa

      Delete
  4. I love looking at your plans, but this week the first grade link opens the second/third grade plans. Can you fix the link so that I can see the first grade plans more clearly?
    Janet B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me Janet! I fixed it now.
      Melissa

      Delete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.