HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, September 24, 2012

Map it out Monday x3

Plans for the week? You mean I am suppose to do those every week? Huh? LOL ok, you know me and you know the one thing I do love is planning. Doesn't mean that it is easy. I was up until midnight again working on my plans. Here is my week x3.
Phonemic Awareness skill: Beginning sounds
Phonics: Letter of the week: Mm (Alphafriend Mimi Mouse)
Sight/ HFW word: see
Academic vocab: First, Middle and Last
 Comprehension skill: Story Elements
Theme: Colors

Phonemic Awareness skill: Blending Phonemes
Phonics: Letter review for Yy, Kk, Vv and short Ee
Sight/ HFW word: do, is, you, for, me
Word families: -et and -en
 Comprehension skill: Story Elements
Theme: Johnny Appleseed

2-3 plans for week of 9/24/12
Phonics: I use Systematic Sequential Phonics with these kids so this week we are on lessons 26-30 and working on e (as in he) as well as digraphs ch, sh and th. In addition to all that I am also covering CVCe words.
Sight/ HFW word: eight, enough, second, seven, three, two, first, four
 Comprehension skill: Story Elements
Theme and Vocab: Johnny Appleseed and Seasons

So my 2-3 lesson plans are a bit skimpy. My service time changes and I still have not adjusted my plans to reflect what will actually be going on in my room. That is on my to-do list for the week.

Also if you notice that the Guided Reading story hasn't changed, well that is because I don't have my HUGE teachers manuals at home. So what I do is just plug that in on Monday Mornings before I print my plans at work. :P

On Thursday, I plan to share all the wonderful resources I use to help me plan. I also got some WONDERFUL new items from teacher bloggers that I am stoked to show you all. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.