HomeAboutFreebies

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Save for next year, Grinch Freebie

It is not secret that it has been difficult for me to get on here and blog regularly. I am still trying to figure out how I did it last year. With that said and out of the say, I am here to bring you 2 activities I did with my students this week, and offer a freebie for your "Save For Next Year" file.

I FINALLY got my pictures to upload onto Blogger!

I know I had a million activities for the Grinch, but I had found these fab foam trees in Target's dollar spot and wanted to find a way to use them. So I came up with a quick, on the fly activity, that I am sharing with you for free. :) All the students had to do was glue the tree on the paper and draw how they got their tree back from the mean old Grinch.

Here is what School B's kids made.
 A few close ups.
I love how she labeled herself and the Grinch then gave them speech bubbles saying "yes" and "no".
The faces on this one are precious.
This student brought her whole family to help her get the tree back from that scarey Grinch.
 Here is my board in School A.
I was pretty surprised that many of my students decided not to color in their pictures. However, I do have to admit, they were all LOVING their glittered trees. They wanted to take them home. Many of them spontaneously added a star to the trees too. Wish I would have thought of it. I would have given them some sparkly star stickers. I will keep that in mind for next year.
Here is your freebie.


Hope you find it useful and file it away for next year. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute writing activity!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thank you for sharing this *freebie*! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I have a Grinch blend *freebie* if you want to come grab it and a Grinch blend song my kiddos loved!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.