HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, December 11, 2011

More holiday decor

Yesterday, I brought you my Twinery door garland. Today I will show you what I did for my 2nd classroom.

I have been seeing these lovely floating ornaments hanging on fishing line all over the place. They look so nice I knew I wanted to recreate them with a twist.
This door decor was much easier than my previous one. I once again use the Twinery's bakers twine and this time I used some dollar section ornaments from Target. I saw them in the Dollar Spot and knew I had to have them. I bought 2 sizes, the small miniature size and the larger size. 

Again, I took the ornaments and laid them out in the pattern I wanted. Next, I cut out some twine. I did not measure them, and I cut them all different lengths. Oh I have to mention that I did make the twine match the color of the ornaments in this project. Same colors as before, Buttercream, Stone, Maraschino, and Peapod.
 After I had everything prepared I just tied the ornament to the end of the twine and cut the excess string.
 I have 2 doors in this class so I did it again. Then came the easiest  part! All I did was attach it to the door frame with tape! I had an odd number of ornaments so started in the center.
 Next, I did the two outside ornaments, and worked my way in.
 Just a note, I didn't want the ornaments to be the same length. When I wanted one shorter I just pulled it up and cut off the excess twine.
 See it coming together?
 Now, I just cleaned up the extra twine. To cover the ugly tape I put some ribbon over it. It was an instant clean up. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. :/ I kind of missed that shot.
Here is a shot from the outside.
It looks so festive, I love it. I like the twine instead of the fishing line better than the fishing line because we all see the fishing line anyway, why try to hide the string? I like that it matches. :)

I have yet one more door decoration I want to share but I have not yet created it. However, it is like this one but way easier! Stay tuned...

Hope you've had a great weekend. I have a formal observation tomorrow, and while I am not nervous about it, I am still wracking my brain thinking about all the little things I want make sure I have ready. I'll be glad when it is over and I can concentrate on enjoying my students and our holiday celebrations. Cross your fingers for me.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty and simple. Good luck with the observation.
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cross your fingers for me" OK I will do it...-Incrocio le dita per te e per i tuoi studenti! :-)
    http://pugliapulia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the fishing line ( I posted pictures earlier in the week) but I really like your twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!! How creative!

    I am sending along a little holiday card as a small way of saying thanks for everything this year. I am so glad we are bloggy friends...it is so nice to talk to another ELL teacher on the blogs :) :) :) Here's the link for the card:
    http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/0532
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.