HomeAboutFreebies

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Snippets: 03/29/14

Wow this week went by fast. Took me completely off guard and I was not prepared at all. What happened? I don't know. Lol
What I can tell you is that until yesterday everything I did went wrong. My lesson plans weren't done until very late Sunday night and I didn't get to post them for you all. Boo. All my lessons ran late, my charts had errors, and my educational crafts didn't turn out right. I also had a post planned for you all that I've really been looking forward to that never happened. :/ I've been so tired, that I've not been to find any motivation.
It was a disaster really, until I went to Target got some goodies & next day chatted with...
After whining a bit to Greg, I started to feel like I could fix all that had gone wrong. 
This week my kinder kids started their transportation unit. For those of you that download my plans, don't fret I will have a 2nd week of transportation and will post week 1's plans along with week 2. However, this week we talked about transportation in general and then concentrated on transportation on land. 
One of the things that went wrong was our train. 
My instructions must no have been clear enough because out of 20 only 3 got it right and they all decided that their trains would go to the zoo. Today I decided we would make a fact and opinion train to go with our comprehension skill for the week. 
I think it turned out really cute. I had the kids tell me some sentences and we decided of they were fact or opinions. Then I typed them up and we sorted them. 
I also decided to add a truck craft to the mix to make up for scraping the train carts. 
Next week will be all about transportation via air and sea. Stay tuned for a full post on transportation. 
My first grade ELL friends started their Spring unit we also continued our nonfiction animal research. Again also two week and my plans will be posted together with next weeks. Here are some pics of what they did. 
Also got the excellent I Spy math pack for my ELL level 1 kids. I color coded each mat with the work mat that goes with it and slipped it into a page protector. Then I put them on a ring. All my students have to do is find the color they are working on. It is working well. 
Something I haven't shared with you all is that I did finally got confirmation that I will be moving rooms next year. I will be going to the smaller room next door to mine because we are making space for a 3rd section of First grade. I have mixed feelings to be honest. I was pretty sad at first because I absolutely love my current room. However, I recognize that aside from packing and unpacking again this summer,  that I am still getting a pretty nice space. When my school was renovated two years ago it was always planned for me to end up in that space. 
So basically I sucked it up and started to plan the space. It is what I love to do. Have I ever told you that my "fall back" career was interior deign/-architect? Lol I had a fall back from teaching.
Just a basic sketch, and most of my room will stay the same. My only changes will be to move those areas that no longer fit. I will be consolidating. The good news is I get to go through my materials and properly organize yet again. More to come about this later. 
That's all folks. Have a great Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.