HomeAboutFreebies

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New year, 2014

Happy new year!
I woke up to a new year and snow.
I wasn't too thrilled, the temps were low and the snow kept falling, but I put on  my hoodie, grabbed some hot tea, and pulled out my computer.

I hate to admit, but I have been gone for what feels like forever. In my mind I am constantly posting to you all. However, when it comes down to actually typing it all out I kind of fall short. So it seems that I have missed the whole first half of the school year. Sorry about that. 

Consequently my new years resolution is to be a better blogger. :) 
I've grabbed my new planner from Brittany Fuson
and wrote down all those ideas rattling around in my head. Good thing too, because I got back to work on Friday. Once I go back it is full speed ahead and before we know it May will be upon us. Yikes!

I know what your thinking, FRIDAY? Yep, I go back on Friday for a teacher plan day, and then get two days off. On Monday I start back with kids. At first, I felt the same way, BUT last year when we did this, I found that I LOVED it. I mean I get to ease back into work with NO students, and prep everything for the following crazy week back with students. You know how wild it can get. Having one day back, before the students, join me allows me to be one step ahead of them. Plus who can complain about one day when you get two days off after that?

The good news is that on Friday I get to devote my time to taking down the holiday decorations, changing my calendar, organizing my copies and prepping all the cute crafties I got on sale. :) 

Speaking of sale... I've extended mine.
Don't spend the last few days off worrying about what you will teach next week. Make lesson planning a breeze with a pre-made lesson plan from A Teacher's Plan.
As my way of wishing you a happy new year, all pre-made lesson plan templates are 10% off. 
Just click on the button below.
But before you go, I wanted to share a new Currently for the new year!

Hope your having a WONDERFUL start to the new year.

7 comments:

  1. OMG! Breaking Bad is awesome! I watched the entire 5 seasons over the break and discovered TODAY that Netflix doesn't have the last several episodes of the series. I can't wait to find out how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I saw the same thing but missed the first 2 seasons. I caught the end though. AWESOME is right.

      Delete
  2. We are supposed to get some snow later tonight, but it shouldn't be much! I'm with you on blogging in my head but not on the computer! I loving sharing ideas but there just isn't always enough time! I found you through the linky!

    Rissa
    http://keepcalmandhooton.blogspot.com/2014/01/resolutions-and-currently.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #Truth! :) Thanks for visiting. Off to visit you too.
      M

      Delete
  3. It has been a while! I remember when I was one of your very first lesson plan customers, I actually won a lesson plan design from you and I still use it to this day! Everyone is always so jealous and I just say that it was personally designed for me, so I can't share and then I give them your website. I might be ready for a guided reading or math plan, so be on the lookout for an order from me sometime in 2014! I am hoping to watch Breaking Bad this summer, so I have to keep away from everyone because this is all they talk about! I love that I don't go back until Monday, but I am thinking I would like a planning day too. I hope you have a blessed year and I will be back!

    Faithful in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janine! It has been way too long. You were my very first customer! I am so glad you still use your template. :) I have to admit I sometimes think of you and wonder how you are doing with your girls, going away to school. I think I should start reading blogs again. I miss reading about all my bloggy friends. You let me know when you are ready for your new plans. Look forward to working with you again.
      xoxo
      M

      Delete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.