HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, February 4, 2013

Map it Out Monday: February 04, 2013

Hi everyone. Today is a quick one.




Theme: Transportation
Phonemic Awareness skill: Onset and rime, syllables and blending phonemes
Phonics: Letter of the week: Dd (Alphafriend Dudley Duck)
Sight/ HFW word: have, am
Vocab: transportation, vehicle
 Comprehension skill: Main Idea/ Detail
BTW, I just love all the books I am reading for my transportation theme. I take 2 to 3 weeks to get them all read. If you have time check out the ones for this week they are fab.
Theme: Groundhogs Day; Chinese New Year
Phonemic Awareness skill: Segment Phonemes
Phonics: Long o; Vowel patterns: oo (as in book) and compound words
Sight/ HFW word: afraid, any, follow, most, water
Word families: -ook, ood (just noticed a mistake in my plans.) :(
 Comprehension skill: Main Idea/ Details
No 2nd/ 3rd grade plans this week because most of them are off for somt practice state testing. So we are pretty much free writing with the few kids I do have in my group. Time to go teach the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi- Thanks so much for reposting some of your older documents in google. Would you be willing to repost the ones from this post? http://msk1ell.blogspot.com/2012/02/beginning-middle-end.html
    Thanks,
    yvonneeyrg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.