HomeAboutFreebies

Friday, May 9, 2014

Five for Friday 05/09/14

Hi Everyone,
It is Five for Friday
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-9th.html
1. Graduation
We had a fellow kinder teacher get her Doctorate degree and were so proud of her that the whole team, kids included decided to celebrate all the hard work she did.
We also decorated the lounge and brought in yummy treats for the staff to share. The kids painted a banner for her and took a picture before celebrating with cookies! It was a very nice day and great surprise. I created the diplomas, and I am pretty proud of them, even if someone did tell me they looked like rolled up towels. :P
2. NE Huskers
Yesterday our ELL team took our kids on our annual field trip. Throughout the year we attend trips with the grade level teams but we also make sure to take 1 trip as a team. This means kids grades first through fifth receiving ELL services. This year we took the kids to Memorial Stadium.
 Personally I did my college football time in my early 20's so it was my first time there too. However, if you live in NE you know that Husker football is a BIG thing.
A BIG red thing.
 It really was the most amazing trip I've been on. The kids had an incredible tour of the stadium and even got to run on the field.
Last they got to speak with some student athletes, most of which were also immigrants, like my students. It was the most wonderful experience for them and a trip I would love to go on again!
3. Some More
Right before that though, we went to the Children's Museum. The kids really did have a blast. Here are some of those pics.
 
 
 
4. Nature Center
Today the Kinder and First Grade students went to the Nature Center for a nature hike. I had to hike twice and by the end of the day I was dragging so bad I was afraid I would not make it to the bus. Yikes. Here are a few nature shots I got.





5. Instagram
I am doing the Picture A Day Teacher Challenge over on Instagram. Hope on over and come see all the fab pics. While you are there, click on that Follow button so you don't miss any pics. :)
#PADTeacherChallenge
That's all folks.
Have a great weekend. 
Don't forget to check out all the other bloggers on Doodlebugs Five for Friday Linky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.