HomeAboutFreebies

Friday, August 2, 2013

Five for Friday: 08-02-13

Hi everyone,

I have so much to say but have no clue where to start. So I decided to just give you snippets and join in on Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky.

1. Chevron Boarders
One of this years new purchases are CTP's chevron boarders. Now I am not adding these to my chevron bulletin boards because that is just way too much chevron. No those get solid boarders. These are for other items I have up on my walls with out a background. I wanted to find a way to group them together or frame them and this turned out to be the perfect way. More pics to come when I finish up my room next week.

2. Whiteboard Spots
I've seen these around for 2 years now and would you know that I finally found these sheets while looking for something else entirely. I actually got these for a great price at Walmart. I put them on my small group/ guided reading table. This should save us some time, as the students will not have to run back and forth grabbing supplies. The other day Kristen blogged about her clipboard/whiteboards and I am thinking I will go back to get some more sheets and make some for my class too. 

3. Dying MacBook
This is a sad moment. Just 2 days ago my MacBook, my work machine, started to fail on me. It just wouldn't load. Now I still have my personal Mac Air, but this is still hard on me. This baby has been with me for 4 years and holds so much. Now luckily I have everything backed up on an external hard drive. The bright light at the end of the tunnel is that my fabulous Team Leader is going to save the day. Her genius husband said it looks like a bad hard drive and will save the day soon. *crossing my fingers*

4. Dr. Jean is brilliant.
I just spend two days with the marvelous Dr. Jean Feldman. I have so many ideas. I am definitely going to be blogging about some of them. 

5. Lakeshore Learning
Finally, after the conference yesterday, my team and I went to the new Lakeshore Learning store. Everything was 20% off. Well I am proud to say I walked out without spending a penny. True, I bought all my stuff already, and even though I was seriously tempted to get some new surfboards and chevron pockets, I resisted. I mean I do already have two other packs of pockets sitting in my classroom. PLUS the most important bit is I have nothing to use these for. However, I will be purchasing some next year. :P I have that long to think of what to do with them. Ha ha ha

That is it... for now. I hope to be back so and share so many other things. Don't forget to check out the party over at Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky.

2 comments:

  1. Love Dr. Jean. She's the best. Cute stuff. Love the chevron goodies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the chance to see Dr. Jean my first year teaching (10 years ago), and I now she is still amazing!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.