HomeAboutFreebies

Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Donors Choose Grant

A few posts ago I asked about using a Nook in the classroom, because I was considering putting up a new Donors Choose Grant for one. However, I did not get much feedback and I am still not sure I want to create another reason to blow a whole paycheck at Barnes & Nobel. However, I did REMEMBER about one goody I have wanted for YEARS but never had enough extra cash to order. Maybe it's too much Target, Office Depot and Barnes & Noble.

Those of you that follow and read my blog, know that I have a small classroom. Next year it will be larger but still not too big. I've always wanted one of those fabulous learning carpets for my room. The problem? No room. I particularly love the Fun with Phonics series. Just look at this cutie.
It comes in several sizes too, oval, semi circle, vertical runner, horizontal runner and the ADORABLE carpet squares. When I saw them I knew I just had to have them. They are perfect for my room because I can pull them out when students are using them and stack them away when they are not. I can also customize the size. Meaning that I only need as many out as many students I have in my room. I just couldn't afford them.
However, while pondering over the whole Nook idea last week I had the brilliant idea of getting these babies through Donors Choose instead. What do you think? I absolutely love them. I envision teaching with them in several areas of my class!

So for those of you that have asked me about my new DC project it is now up! You can get there by clicking on my new DC button in this post or on the right hand side of this blog. :)


Photobucket
Thank you for your support!

6 comments:

  1. You know it's funny b/c I was just considering that YESTERDAY! =) I love those cute lil rugs and was thinking the same thing! Great minds think alike!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want one of those carpets too! I can't do Donors Choose because I'm in a private school, but I will find a way. My carpet looks absolutely terrible!!

    Magnificent Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool, I hope you are funded quickly! I got my carpet from DonorChoose a few years back and it made a huge difference in our room (it's a map of the continents with flags of the world). Good luck!! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Principal bought me a new rug this year and I got a semi-circle shape (it looks like a big rainbow)and I LOVE it! It fits in the room really well without being TOO big. Just thought I would tell you that if you are still deciding what size or shape to get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just considering putting up a DC for Nooks too. I was thinking I could get heavy duty velcro and make some type of docking station so my students wouldn't be able to move them all over. I love the carpet squares! That is a great idea, especially when you just want to pull a small group of children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's an absolutely fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.