HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, January 20, 2014

Peek At My Short Week (01/21/14)

A Peek at my Short Week!
This week is all about Penguins, both in Kinder and First.

This week my Kinder Kids will learn all about penguins. It is a short week so we won't get a great deal done, but I do hope to get a Can, Have, Are chart, and Penguin Craft in. Friday we will be visiting our local museum and planetarium. No doubt there will be not a moment to spare. Whatever we don't get done, will be sent home as homework. That is the beauty of having the kids do familiar activities, they can do them independently at home! :)

We will read Cool Penguins (non fic text), Penguins and Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
We will use these penguin freebie packs throughout the week.
The links are noted in my plans.
Penguin Craftivity (S.Malek Freebie)Penguin Informational Writing FREEBIE ( CCSS )Snowy Blowy Words {Fry sentence building activity}
Penguin Pals {Free & Fun Penguin Activities}
Then we will try to wrap up our week with a penguin craftie.
I'll let you know how it goes.
We will also learn about the letter Rr, for . Most of what we will do is routine and can be found in my plans.
This week my Firsties will be doing pretty much the same activities as my kinder kids. Doesn't happen often, but it does on occasion. :) We are also continuing out poetry unit, they are doing really well with it
We will read Cool Penguins (non fic text), Penguins and Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
Here are some freebies I will use with my students. We will do a page or two from each pack. Again these are noted in my plans.
We will use these penguin freebie packs throughout the week.
The links are noted in my plans.
Penguin Craftivity (S.Malek Freebie)Penguin Informational Writing FREEBIE ( CCSS )
Penguin Pals {Free & Fun Penguin Activities}
We will also be learning about the letter Oo and how it can say it's long name when it is next to oa, oe and ow by using several activities from Abby's pack.
Word Work Mega Pack Part 1

That's all folks. :P Click on the image of my lesson plans to get a downloadable version.
Don't forget to check out the Peek At My Week Linky for some other fabulous lesson plans.

Oh before you go...
If your interested in some no nonsense pre-made, checklist, quick fill lesson plans check out,
A Teacher's Plan.

2 comments:

  1. When I click on the image of your lesson plans for Kindergarten, I get an error message. I can't click on the First Grade one at all. Is something wrong with the links?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      Sorry about that. Blogger was giving me ha hard time last night. Must not have registered. Thanks for letting me know. They are all fixed now.
      M

      Delete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.