Holy smokes, I was so excited to share this project but after working in my room all day getting it ready for our ELL parent night I am worn out. However, I did want to share one of the project I been creating. I'm linking up with Tara's Monday Made It. Just know that this post will be more picture heavy than wordy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will make sure to answer.
Started with 5 mis matched stools. I wanted new ones but I am already broke and yes I know we just got paid a few days ago but I have already blown through my back to school budget.
I wanted to cover them in some extra chevron fabric I have on my Bulletin Boards, but my fear was that since I would be hot glueing it, that it would come off easily. A friend suggested the duct tape and I went for it.
I started in the middle, to ensure I got the most out of the pattern. I went over the edge and left a little to fold under.
Once the top was done I wanted to clean up the sides. So I took a strip and went around the sides.
Here is a pic, once the sides were covered. I still have a little cleaning up to do around the legs, but they are pretty much done. I like how they turned out. Best part is they are cohesive. I was initially scared that the pattern would be a problem to match up, but it wasn't at all. Very forgiving.
Here is they are. 5 matching stools for my guided reading table. Please forgive the mess on the floor. Still working on this area.
I have to say that, while the project was relatively easy, by the 3rd stool I was ready to scream. The 2nd roll of tape was very tacky and kept sticking to me. I swear it ripped off skin. (Ignore me, I am very dramatic.) So here they are, 5 matching stools for my guided reading table.
Don't forget to check out all the other fabulous projects on Tara's Monday Made It. Just click the button below.