HomeAboutFreebies

Friday, December 10, 2010

First Graders

While I spent this week with my Kindergarteners doing all things Gingerbread men, I took a completly different approch to my First graders classes. I read a variety of books this week.

Monday: Snowmen at Christmas

Tuesday: Merry Christmas Splat

Wednesday: Fancy Nancy's Slendiforous Christmas

Thursday: The night before, the night before Christmas

Each day we talked about how the true meaning and joy of the holidays is spending time with those we love and not about the gifts. Then today, Friday I had the students color and cutout a wreath. Next, we completed this sentence "The holidays are special to me because..." Put it all on some festive red paper, and as Fancy Nancy says, voilá. Here are just a few samples.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess we didn't really understand the real meaning of the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.