HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, November 22, 2010

Veterans Day

I am not going to lie. I was not going to celebrate Veterans day because I was WAY too busy getting ready for parent conferences. However, Veterans day arrived and I was so worn out by the previous night of back to back marathon conferences that I needed a break. This is what spontaneously happened.
I talked about Veterans day with each class and saw a 12 min video on the history of Veterans day. Kindergarten colored flags, First grade drew what they thought was important about Veterans day and I had my 4 second graders tell write and tell me why we celebrate Veterans day. Then I got a bright idea and threw it all onto to some bulletin board paper. They LOVED it. Not every paper got on to the banner but the ones that did were representatives.
I liked it, I think I will have to do a repeat performance again next year. What do you all think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.