HomeAboutFreebies

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday Snippet: Writing on the wall...

Can you see the writing on the wall?
This will be a quickie.
I am was supposed to walking to raise money for my city's Food Backpack program. I am wondering why I said I would wake up early on a Saturday. I never made it I slept through all my alarms and woke up late. Yikes.

On to the good stuff. Here is a cutie idea I had just a few weeks ago.
Some classrooms in our building have these back rooms/ office spaces. They have turned into RTI or resource rooms. Just small spaces to reteach students. These spaces have windows that look out into the classrooms. They are nice, but most times they can be distracting to the kids who see their friends playing.
Our K/1 SPED resource teacher uses this space, but I use it for 10 min before recess for a little extra practice with some of my ELL kids. So I made a handwriting line and posted it behind the window. Now my kids use it to practice writing cvc words, sight words, or handwriting.
 The glass is better than any dry erase surface and the solid paper behind it makes it much easier to see what the kids are writing. Plus the kids love it so much more, they get so excited now.
Simple, effective, and cheep! 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea and I can just imagine how much fun the kids are having writing! Thanks for sharing! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting post. I will try on my classroom windows. Thanks for sharing and greetings from Italy. I m waiting for y on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.