HomeAboutFreebies

Sunday, April 6, 2014

ELL Lesson Plans for week of 04/07/14

It's Sunday already?
Pic courtesy of... Mel from From The Pond.
Can I confess? I have seriously been working on these plans for 2 weeks. 
Crazy right!?!
So without further adieu.

Kindergarten
Long story short I am teaching long vowels to my kinder kids. It is the first year my district has had this expectation for our students and if I am honest I can't say I see the value in it. I know my kids can do it, I have faith in their extraordinary abilities, I just don't get why they have to be pushed so hard so fast. 
Ok enough whining from me. Let us get on to the good stuff. 
Took me several days to find long vowel goodies for my Kinder ELL kids. All the long vowel work is for my first graders and was not at all appropriate for my kinder kids. So I scoured the internet and found...
In addition to long vowels we are starting out farm theme.
Books we will read...

First Grade
This week my Firsties will finish up their non fiction reports. I have to admit we have not been doing much from our theme. Our reports are pretty time consuming, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to post the finished products for you all. They are always a hit!
Books we will try to read...

Alright folks that is it.
Time to get ready for Monday...
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.