HomeAboutFreebies

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Resource

Today's resource is...
Other Teachers!

More specificity other Teacher's products on Teachers Pay Teachers AND Teacher's Notebook.

So often we forget that our biggest resource are other teachers and professionals. When I first started teaching I was a bit lost, ok very lost. Despite the fact that I had worked in a school since I graduated high school I was still a bit bewildered when it came to creating lessons, finding the resources I wanted to use with my kids.

I found myself scrambling a lot. I remember I used to Google "Classroom Design", "Classroom Layout", "Kindergarten Classroom" and "First grade Classroom" A LOT, just looking for other classrooms. One day I lucked up on Deanna Jump's older classroom website, I mean this was years ago people. From that point on I knew there was more to be found. Now she is at... Mrs. Jump's Blog.

On one of my Google expeditions I found Jodi's original blog, The Littlest Learners, and I was hooked. (Now she has a new home at The Clutter-Free Classroom.) That is when I knew I wanted to share my stories too. That was my introduction into to the world of Teacher Bloggers and almost 2 years ago, on my birthday, I started my blog. :) So in exactly one month, this lil old blog will be 2, and I will be ??? LOL If you can guess right I'll give you a Lesson Plan template of your choice from, A Teacher's Plan.

It is always amazing to me how much my teaching and classroom have evolved. I just went back to check some blog info and read some old posts and "oh wow" was all I thought. But I digress, I am here to share some of the amazing resources I purchased just last week, to use with my kids this week, which is now almost over. :P

Now, there are a MILLION free resources and I plan to share many of them in the weeks to come, but I wanted to take a minute to share some of the items I have been using a TON. These are all purchased items, and while I wish they were free, they weren't. :P

Last week I bought a ton of Annie Moffatt's phonics & sight word packets.



I actually have to go back and purchase her 2nd grade pack because my 2nd and 3rd graders were whining about not getting to make them. And here I thought that they would think it was for babies. Boy was I wrong.
 
I also purchased Abby's RTI Pack, which I am not using for RTI, but for sm. group instruction, and downloaded her Highlight a Letter freebie.

I got Kristen's Leveled Library Signs in hopes that I will finally level my mess of a class library.

Oh and I am in LOVE with Melissa's Reader's Response Sentence Starters. I think my kids will really find them useful.

I pulled out Lindsey's Reading Comprehension Pack 2. When I am not broke anymore I will go back for the other one in the set.
A while ago I got her Word family book and my 1st graders adore it.

I got Greg's Shape Packet for when I teach my Kinder ELL kids their shapes. Feel free to purchase all of his products he has a wedding to pay for. 

I am also adding Hadar's Apple Graphs and Glyphs to my to be purchased list.

And now I am broke. LOL I swear my wish list has over a 100 items on it. There are so many resources out there that I kind of feel guilty I am not posting ALL of them. I just can't keep going. I have a class to get to! :P However, I will probably start highlighting some of these a bit more as I use them with my kids. Now I have got to run, I think I'm gonna be late. Yikes!

Have a great Thursday, tomorrow I get to go to the Pumpkin Patch.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! Sight word watches for 2nd grade are coming your way as soon as I get them up this week;) Hugs!
    The Moffatt Girls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.