HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, June 9, 2014

Meet Me Monday... (06/09/14)

Linking up with The Teaching Tribune today for their Monday Meet Me Linky.
I teach...
English as a second language to students in kinder and first grade. I work in a Title I school. Most of my students are immigrants, or refugees, but others are first generation children of immigrants. I am often asked if I want to go back to teaching Gen Ed, and while I do remember it fondly I jsut love my job, so for now, the answer is always no. It is a bit harder to get everything in, and even harder when I don't have enough time to get it all done in, but again, I wouldn't trade it.
I have...
I am an avid reader, or well I was. I used to devour books and read MANY book series. However, these past two years, my book pile is getting rather large because I have been struggling to find the TIME to just sit and enjoy a good book. I hope to find some this summer.
I watch...
Like I mentioned, I watch all kinds of TV. However I tend to favor sic fy,bhorror, comedy, political dramas & comedies and anything Britsh. Here are a few of my faves, Doctor Who, Haven, Fringe, Orphan Black, Sherlock, Downton Abby, Masterpiece on PBS, Newsroom, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, and right now I am running Penny Dreadful. I know I am missing a ton, but that was all I could think of right now.
I listen...
There is very little I don't listen to, but there are a few genres I don't go near. I love Pandora and have it playing all the time. At the moment I am really enjoying Paramore's Ain't it fun, Gotye's Hearts a Mess, MSMR's Hurricane, Mackelmore's Thrift Shop and Same Love, and anything from Mumford and Sons, Hunter Valentine and MJ.
I read...
Well I mentioned being an avid reader. I tend to stick to Sci. Fy, Supernatural, Steampunk, and Mysteries, but I have been known to dabble in the horror and Young Adult sections too. Used to read lots of romance in my early 20's but I am pretty much over that. Oh and I can't forget my LOVE of children's picture books. I spend a fortune on them.
I do...
My blog, almost 4 years now. Plan, almost everything. Organize, just about any space I'm in. Design, every nook of my classroom. Create, lesson plan templates for teachers. Teach, little ones who desperately want to learn English so they know what is going on.
Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I did K-1st ELL and absolutely loved it! They are the best kids!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

  2. ------------======swimming pools, swimming pools and cleaning houses. It depends on the water ارخص شركة تنظيف بالرياض drainage inside the swimming pools, شركة تنظيف بالرياض solving the problem of infusion, sterilization of water, شركات تنظيف بالدمام floors and pool walls, and finally pumping clean water into the swimming شركة تنظيف بالدمام pool after cleaning it. Services in clearing water tanks Bacteria and fungi grow in the water of the tank due to شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض حراج stagnation, and the owners of the house to work to cleanse and شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض عاملات sterilize the water tank from time to time to eliminate شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض الصفرات any contaminants of شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض رخيصه the water, your company is doing a complete شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض مجربه cleaning of the water tank, sterilization, and detection of water leaks Bie, and the شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض عمالة فلبينية fight against all insects and objects in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.