HomeAboutFreebies

Monday, October 15, 2012

Map it out Monday: 10/15/12

Welcome back to...
Before I share my plans for the week, I want to share that there are changes coming to my little classroom world. You may remember me mentioning, last year, that our school was cut one ELL teacher. Because one of my colleagues retired, I got to stay on the team, and not relocated. That meant that this year there would be 2 ELL teachers serving close to 70 kids.

Wow! right? Well, because the bulk of our kids are in K and 1st can you guess who had 40+ kids coming in and out of her room everyday? Granted they were not all at the same time but... it is not easy working on 42 report cards.

The good news is that we have now been given another ELL teacher for .6 of the day, more than half. :) The not so hot thing is that I still see a lot of kids BUT I will only see the 2nd and 3rd graders for Writing.

So you saw almost nothing of me last week because I have been working on my schedule and the new teachers schedule and still trying to accommodate the Gen Ed teachers needs and wants. It is a hard job. I think I am out of the woods though and this week, we start the new plan.

If something is going to go wrong, it will on Wednesday. Why Wednesday? Well, my bloggie friends, that is because I have 2 whole days off for Fall break. Nothing compared to the week we used to get, but hey it is better than nothing and will give me time to work on those 40+, first quarter, report cards I am still responsible for.

Now, without further ado...

Theme: Family
Phonemic Awareness skill: Beginning sounds
Phonics: Letter of the week: Bb (Alphafriend Bennie Bear)
Sight/ HFW word: dad
Vocab: Family words cont... (Grandma, Grandpa)
 Comprehension skill: Summarizing

Theme: Families
Phonemic Awareness skill: Blending Phonemes
Phonics: Double final consonants; Short a review
Sight/ HFW word: animal, look, of, this
Word families: -ap and -ack
 Comprehension skill: Summarizing


2nd and 3rd grade Writing for week of 10/15/12
(Still a work in progress.) 
Topics covered: Voice trait, Using dialogue, Editing marks and reviewing when to use I and me in a sentence.


I hope to be back tomorrow with a new Teacher Tip Tuesday. One that I love. Have a great Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol, thanks. I think I am on my way to relieving some of my work load. That is why this year I am relying heavily on other teacher created materials and less on my own creative brain, which at the moment is not very creative. :P

      M

      Delete
  2. wow, you have been so busy!! I'm happy you will get some relief soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I honestly don't know how I have gotten this far to be honest. LOL

      M

      Delete
    2. I don't know how you have either!! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're getting some assistance! Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.