Monday, February 4, 2013

Map it Out Monday: February 04, 2013

Hi everyone. Today is a quick one.

Theme: Transportation
Phonemic Awareness skill: Onset and rime, syllables and blending phonemes
Phonics: Letter of the week: Dd (Alphafriend Dudley Duck)
Sight/ HFW word: have, am
Vocab: transportation, vehicle
 Comprehension skill: Main Idea/ Detail
BTW, I just love all the books I am reading for my transportation theme. I take 2 to 3 weeks to get them all read. If you have time check out the ones for this week they are fab.
Theme: Groundhogs Day; Chinese New Year
Phonemic Awareness skill: Segment Phonemes
Phonics: Long o; Vowel patterns: oo (as in book) and compound words
Sight/ HFW word: afraid, any, follow, most, water
Word families: -ook, ood (just noticed a mistake in my plans.) :(
 Comprehension skill: Main Idea/ Details
No 2nd/ 3rd grade plans this week because most of them are off for somt practice state testing. So we are pretty much free writing with the few kids I do have in my group. Time to go teach the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi- Thanks so much for reposting some of your older documents in google. Would you be willing to repost the ones from this post?


Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.